Data Services metaLink
The MetaLink app will support the college system by providing key information about the data stored within the tables and columns in Golden Gate, which are replicated from the ctcLink production database. The key information is critical to the accurate use of PeopleSoft data for reporting and/or analysis.
- Allows designated users to document structures and properties for a given record or field
- Track and record changes by user, date, and what was changed.
- Allow users to view completed data dictionary reports.
- Allow users to view the ctcLink reporting catalog.
- Allow users to search for available PeopleSoft data queries
IE and Reporting Services
Metalink uses Reporting Services to report out the data dictionary. If you are getting a spinning icon when trying to view the report, try adding the sbctc.edu domain to the compatibility settings.
- Click the gear icon, in the upper right corner.
- Click 'Compatibility View settings' (fourth from the bottom).
- sbctc.edu will be in the text box 'Add this website'. If it is already in the list below, click close.
- If it is in the text box, click the 'Add' button, then click close.
- Log-off and re-login. Data Dictionary Reporting should now work.